IKEBANA WORKSHOPS AT KINSE INN
A hands-on introduction to Japanese flower arranging, using seasonal branches and flowers to create beautiful compositions and exploring new techniques that you can take back home with you.
Each workshop begins with an explanation/demonstration of the materials, tools, and techniques necessary to create beautiful flower arrangements. After this, you'll have the chance to try your hand at a basic composition, emphasizing lines, space, shape, and color with seasonal materials.
- Workshops are held in the historic cafe/bar space at Kinse Inn
- Cost: 5,000 yen per person
- All materials and tools are provided, and participants are welcome to keep their flowers after the workshop
- Maximum 4 students per workshop
- Available for booking every day except Tuesday
- Each workshop begins at 10:00 a.m. and takes about 90 - 120 minutes.
- To book a workshop, please fill out and submit the form below.
- Flowers must be ordered in advance for workshops, please contact us at least 48 hours before your desired workshop date/time. The earlier the better!
- You will receive a response within 24 hours with a paypal invoice link. Please submit payment to confirm your booking.
- Cancellations: Full refunds available if the cancellation request is received at least 48 hours before the workshop start time.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Seanacey Pierce helps her husband run Kinse Inn. She began practicing Sogetsu style ikebana in 2008 and earned her teaching license in 2014. In addition to teaching workshops at Kinse, she does custom floral work for stores, events, and weddings.
ABOUT SOGETSU IKEBANA
The Sogetsu school of ikebana is grounded in traditional Japanese aesthetics, and believes that ikebana can be done "anytime, anywhere, using any materials." This gives students the chance, no matter where they are, to see the natural materials and seasons around them with new eyes, opening the way for truly unique and interesting compositions. For more information, please visit http://www.sogetsu.or.jp/e/